The America First or Last Movement Community Education Action-Plan Mini-Grant
The America First or Last Movement will provide 50 to 100 matching mini-grants of $12,000 to grassroots nonprofit organizations to develop community partnerships with local colleges, chamber of commerce, and social service’s agencies in health, housing, food banks and juvenile courts to establish a 10-year community education action-plan. A maximum of two grants will be rewarded in each state. The funds will be available through the movement’s sponsorships, grants, donations, and 12 month national fund raising campaign. The grant period will be from September 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020.
Eligible applicants must be currently providing services to children or families in their local communities, and be a nonprofit organization that falls within one of the four following categories:
- Agencies that are currently approved as a private non-profit with 501C3 status
- Faith-based organizations
- Units of local government
- Local school districts
Federal and State government agencies are not eligible to apply for these funds.
No grant award recipient shall make a profit from the America First or Last Movement Community Education Action-Plan. *
Grants applications request period starts, June 1, 2020 and the deadline is December 31, 2020. Upon selection, the grantee must meet the requirements to establish successfully a 10-year community education action-plan, via:
- Have a Memorandum of Understanding between community partnership with a local college, chamber of commerce, and one social service agency from each category – health, housing, food bank and juvenile court
- Have a matching fund of $12,000 to host a free community cooperative education forum
- Have a prepared draft 10-year community education action-plan proposal
All grant recipients will be notified by Friday, May 31, 2020 of their acceptances. For an application or for more information, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (856) 541-3926.
*The matching mini-grants allowable funds uses are for educational activities, team building and leadership activities, operational costs for hosting community partner meetings, and promoting upcoming events. Chosen grantees are eligible to apply for a second matching grant for identical activities towards establishing their community education action-plans for June 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.